As we continue to navigate the uncharted territory created by the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and wellbeing of our customers, employees and subcontractors and city/town building officials remains our first priority. Listed below are the measures that we have taken to ensure that we create and maintain a safe working environment:
NEGATIVE AIR ENVIRONMENT: We will seal off the basement space from the first floor by sealing over the door at the top of the basement stairway, as well as sealing any hvac supply/return ducts in the basement. We will then create a negative air environment (similar to what is created in hospital operating rooms) by continuously running a 3 stage HEPA filtration air scrubber, with an 8” exhaust duct that runs to the exterior of the basement. This insures that stale air is continuously exhausted from the basement space while work is being performed, and it is continuously replaced by fresh air (pulled in through a slightly opened window or door
SAFETY CHECKPOINT/CLEANING STATION: We will be setting up a safety checkpoint/cleaning station near the entrance to the basement with the following features:
- Each employee and any subcontractor will have his temperature taken with a touchless thermometer at the checkpoint each morning. Any employee with a temperature of 100.3 or higher (or with any other symptoms of COVID-19 – dry cough, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, sore throat, fever) will be sent home.
- Each employee and any subcontractor will be required to read and acknowledge the COVID-19 Daily Employee Certification Signoff Sheet, and sign and date the form daily. I will keep copies of all signed forms.
- A handwashing station will be set up with hot and cold water, hand soap and paper towels, along with hand sanitizer. A trash barrel will be placed next to the station, and will be emptied/sanitized daily.
- All employees/subcontractors will be required to maintain a minimum of 6 feet spacing whenever possible.
- Employees/subcontractors will be required to wear face masks when 6 foot spacing is not possible. Face masks will be provided daily (I have 200 in stock).
- High use surfaces (chop saw, table saw, door handles, tables, hand tools, etc) will be sanitized daily using the chemical(s) listed below.
- The portapotty will be sanitized daily, and hand sanitizer will be available in the portapotty.
- A laminated copy of the COVID-19 Guidelines and Procedures will be posted and available for all employees and subcontractors to review.
- Each of the COVID -19 posters provided by the Commonwealth will be laminated and posted at the safety checkpoint/wash station.
- All employee/subcontractors will be required to wear cut resistant gloves
- Each employee will drive to the job site alone, no carpooling.
- The occupants of the home will not be allowed into the work space (the basement) while my employees and subcontractors are in the space working. A large “DO NOT ENTER” poster will be posted on the kitchen side of the door at the top of the stairway. All communication with the homeowners will be handled via phone or email.
- Social distancing will be maintained during breaks and lunch.
- My Project Manager, Joe Calzaretta, will complete a COVID-19 Daily Hazard Identification Checklist daily, and maintain copies of each checklist.
SANITIZING PRODUCTS: The sanitizing products we will be using daily are as follows:
- Hand sanitizer – Purell Advanced Instant Hand Sanitizer – I have one case of dispenser bags, and two commercial dispensers, plus each employee is provided with a small dispenser they keep on their persons.
- Ready to Use Disinfectant – Clorox Clean Up Cleaner and Bleach – 1 Gallon – Clorox Disinfecting wipes – 1 case of wipes
- Dilutable Disinfectant – Nu-Foamicide Cleaner, Disinfectant, Detergent, Sanitizer, Virucide – 1 gal (makes 21 gallons)
- Hand Soap – Softsoap Antibacterial Hand Soap – 2 dispensers plus 1 gallon refill.
Our commitment is to create a beautiful, functional new living space in your basement while taking every precaution necessary to keep our customers, employees, subcontractors and building officials safe from the COVID-19 virus.
Mark England – Owner
MD England and Sons, LLC